Friday, August 8, 2014

Summer Sabbatical



This is the view from my summer vacation home in Maine. We were lucky enough to go on a family vacation with my parents, my sister's family, and my other sister's children (while she and her husband spent their 20th wedding anniversary in France :)

I have taken a step back from the blog. I have a lot of things I want to write about, but not a lot of time to write them. There are many writers who write about simple living and living in the moment, and you see that is exactly what I have been doing.


(From left - my son, my nephew, and my mom swimming in the lake)

Consequently, I veered off the path a little from the compact.

I bought 2 new skirts from an independent skirt maker.

But, I am not going to worry about it. I will be back on track in September. We still have another month before school starts, and I am really enjoying soaking in all the lazy days of summer.

(From Left: My husband, son #2, my brother in law, and my nephew)

I hope everyone has enjoyed their summer (or winter, on the South side of the equator!)

Katie

1 comment: