Tuesday, April 8, 2014

What I'm Reading 4.8.14

I haven't done a "what I am reading" post in a while. I haven't had much time for blogging. Mothering is a lot of work. Really. I don't deal well with lack of sleep and stress. I know probably everyone would say that, but I really don't. I have a "weak constitution".  :)

Anyway, I spend a lot of my time reading. My sister is a librarian and knows what I like, she recommends books to me all the time. Here are a few of my recent favorites.





Home to Woefield by Susan Juby

 This book is about a girl who inherits a farm from her Uncle and goes to live there. It was a funny, lighthearted, read. Probably my favorite of the recent books I have read.



Keeping up with the farm theme, The Lost Husband by Katherine Center is about a widow with children who goes to live on her aunt's farm. I loved this one too! (Not to be confused with "The Husband's Secret", another popular book that I did NOT like.

and



  "Little Heathens Hard Times and High Spirits on an Iowa Farm during The Great Depression" by Mildred Armstrong Kalish.
This is a non-fiction about a woman's childhood on a farm (as is obvious by the title.) Another great read!

Can you tell I like books about farms? As a kid I always wished I could live on a farm. I wanted to milk cows and collect eggs, which is ironic because I am lactose intolerant and eggs give me diarrhea. Oh well.

What are you reading?

~Katie~



2 comments:

  1. Katie, I don't know how I ever managed with so little sleep when I was younger because I need my sleep now. I may have to look up Home to Woefield, sounds like my kind of book. I too wanted to live on a farm or at least in the country surrounded by nature and the closest house a good distance away.

    I am currently reading What's the Economy for Anyway and The End of Wishing Our Days Away. Depends on my mood which one I pick up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have The End of Wishing our Days Away, but I haven't read it yet. The other books sounds interesting, although in my current state I can't really handle any intellectual reads.
      You can probably get Home to Woefield at the library (that's where I got mine.) If you read it, let me know. I would love to chat about it!

      Delete