Tuesday, April 15, 2014

How to tell if Your Life is Good or Amazing Quiz

Disclaimer:
I created this quiz myself and cannot be held responsible for your own personal feelings and actions as a result.



How to tell if Your Life is Good Quiz

1.) Are you starving?
2.) Are you homeless?

If you answered no to both of these questions, Congratulations! Your life is good.



How to tell if Your Life is Amazing Quiz

1.) Do you have access to clean water?
2.) Do you have indoor plumbing?
3.) Do you have access to electricity?
4.) Do you make more than $34,000 USD/ year?

If you answered yes to these questions, Congratulations!

Your life is amazing. 

You are not part of the 3.4 million people in our world to not have access to clean drinking water (1), 2.6 Billion people do not have a toilet to use (2), 1.6 Billion (1 quarter of the world) without electricity (3), and if you make $34,000 USD/year, your are in the top 1% of the highest income earners of the world (4).

Congratulations, you are free to deal with first world problems like I do.

Go out and have an amazing life!!!




Sources:
1.) http://water.org/water-crisis/water-facts/water/
2.) http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/20/26-billion-with-no-place-to-go-to-the-toilet/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
3.) http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats
4.) http://money.msn.com/now/post--charles-koch-dollar34000-puts-you-in-the-top-1percent

8 comments:

  1. Katie, as I saw the first set of questions I thought I have this covered. I have so much more than basic needs. The only question I wasn't able to give the right answer to was the annual income. My income is only a fraction of that, yet I never want for anything.

    Great reminder to how fortunate we are, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lois,
      Our income is around 34,000/year- it is amazing how little you can live on and be happy. Every time I start to feel discontent, I remind myself how lucky I am compared to most of the world. I have a working toilet! :)
      Katie

      Delete
  2. I just shared this. Found you through Living Simple Free. Anyhow, great post. I am writing an article about a well-known (in some circles) man who took his life and this post is relevant. I would like to link this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am sorry to hear about the man. Feel free to link the post and send me a link back to your article.
      Katie

      Delete
  3. Lois sent me over. I like your questions. I do gratitudes every day. I have running water. I've lived places that it wasn't available nor indoor plumbing. I take NOTHING for granted anymore. Electricity, air, rain, ladybugs and bumble bees. All great blessings. I'm living off less than half what I once had and find my life better and fuller in fewer sq. ft. I got out of bed this morning. Yay! I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your attitude! I try to remind myself of these things when I am frustrated and angry- I remind myself how fortunate I am to have these things!
      Katie

      Delete
  4. I love this, so positive : ) And I absolutely love your disclaimer! Thanks for this (and thanks to Lois from Living Simply Free who sent me over...I think a few people have come over as a result of Lois' blog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found your blog through Lois also- I am enjoying it!

      Delete